Monday, September 21, 2009

...store.

It is harvest time, and that means there is stuff to store. My food storage order came in, so I have a lot to store right now. I was so excited to get it. Then, I wondered if it would all fit in my car to take home. Surprisingly, it did! Here are some pictures of my car packed with goodies:



Later, I had to be a little creative about storing it in our little apartment. Here is part of it under the table:


The rest fit in our storage/Lucy room:


This came at a good time. My case lot supplies have been shrinking since May.

So, how are my food storage buddies doing?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just got started this weekend. I have been stocking a few things but not hard core food storage. I found an awesome deal on cake mixes, flour, sugar, BBQ sauce and pasta. So I added that to the canned veggies and soup I already have. I rotate everything into my regular cupboards then replace into the food storage as I use them so I always have a non-expired supply in the food storage closet. I am excited to go to the cannery. RS goes periodically.

You deserve a "YOU GO GIRL".

Unknown said...

Way to go, Tina! We have been working more on our three-month supply. And, I think we probably have it. But, I have never done a formal inventory, just buy in bulk when non-perishables are on sale. I have started making homemade bread, though, so wheat should be next up. But, in order to use the wheat, I need a grinder. Maybe for Christmas? Anyway, looks to me like you're way ahead of the game. And for only two of you!

bottoms family said...

Hey Tina~ Good job on getting your food storage going. I have to say that I am very weak in that area, so any advice you have for me, could you send it to louisandlaurel@gmail.com cause, it overwhelms me ALOT! I don't even know where to begin or how!

Related Posts with Thumbnails