Wednesday, March 3, 2010

...slaughter by SUV.

I was driving in Texas yesterday when a chicken found it's way on to the interstate. The cars ahead of me were able to swerve to avoid it. However, I had a car to my left and little shoulder to my right. I did slow down a bit, but had very little time to debate the situation. In the end, I squared up to make a quick kill.

Bump! Bump!

Poor chicken...

James promptly began texting and calling folks to let them know that I am a chicken killer. Sam says I will never live this one down. So, after a moment of silence for the poor chicken...





...let the jokes commence! Feel free to add yours by commenting. I'm sure to hear about this one for some time to come.

This chicken didn't make it to the other side.

Free range chicken...

Country tired chichen...

Road kill KFC...

Chicken killer!!!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

Hmmm ... kill the chicken or wreck the SUV. I would have picked kill the chicken.

Hokie said...

I had a similar encounter with a prarie dog...I know how you feel.

Sam Ransom said...

I laughed SO hard at James' text. I still love you. Even if you kill chickens for fun.

Cari said...

Stupid chicken! What was it doing on the highway anyway? I say it had a suicide wish and you did it a favor.

Colton Anne said...

What was it doing in the middle of the road anyway!! I say it was in your territory! You were definitely justified!

TheRapunzelGirl said...

well, if it wasn't dead on the highway it would have ended up someone's dinner later. so it was doomed no matter what.

TheRapunzelGirl said...

well, if it wasn't dead on the highway it would have ended up someone's dinner later. so it was doomed no matter what.

Related Posts with Thumbnails