Tuesday, October 23, 2012

...do some crafty problem solving.

Before I had my son, I had grand ideas of how I would create the cutest nursery for him. I would craft all these neat things. Then, he was born. The craft projects were set aside. After a few months, I meant to dive back in. However, we moved across the country. Our summer was spent in temporary situations. Our household goods (and craft projects) were stored away. Now that we are settling in, I have found the projects and the time to complete a few. However, I've needed to be flexible and allow the project to evolve. So, I first wanted to make a sweet little hot air balloon mobile. I found the paper lanterns and crocheted little baskets. This was all before my son arrived.


You can see how I strung the mini pony beads for colorful sandbags.











I even finished one. It took a while to figure out how to get it to work the way I wanted. One down, and...life happened!


So, when we moved into our new house, I brought these out again. I thought they would help me solve a problem I had. I had curtains that were too long for the window. We are just renting, so I wasn't sure if I wanted to cut and sew them to size. I scrounged around to find my clothes pins to solve the problem. I pinned the balloons up instead of stringing them into a mobile.


They made a fake valance for my curtains by pinning it just right.


It was a little tricky, but the clothes work...once I did some trimming on the paper lantern plastic.


I am happy with the way it turned out. My son's window is cheerful. The balloons have found a creative use.

'Problem solved!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are super cute! And I love the idea of pinning up the curtains. Just beware the time when he can reach them, he might hang on the them and rip the pins out. He probably won't even pay attention to the bottom of the curtains, but if he does, you might have to pin them higher!

Related Posts with Thumbnails