Monday, December 31, 2012

...ring in the new year with something old.

For some reason, I talk about trash a lot.  From gold fish to crazy gloves, there has been a lot of interesting trash to blog about.  So, I've created a label for "trash."  That's where all the trash talk is.

This blog also qualifies for a "trash" label.  However, I am up-cycling here (creating something new with something that might have been thrown away/recycled).  I tried a new crochet medium: plarn!  It is what it sounds like.  It is plastic yarn...made from plastic grocery bags.  Yep.  I cut plastic grocery bags into strips and crocheted it.  I might be a little crazy, but it was fun.  The Target bags I used made a nice red and white pattern as I crocheted.  I think my festive bells came out well...and just in time to ring in the new year!



While crocheting this bell's top, I ran into a "reuse" that made me chuckle. The bag was not cut with attention to what was printed on it. I had to take a picture!




Happy New Year!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails