Friday, July 25, 2008

...be in suspense!

So, I got this email from the folks running the photo show I entered. It was a mass email to all the entrants. I wasn't selected as a judges' choice winner, but I wasn't expecting to even make the show. 'No biggie there. But I'm not sure if I should be hopeful that my work actually made the show. Here's what the email said:

We were able to hang at least one photo from each person who submitted according to the guidelines on the website.

I believe that my submissions were "according to the guidelines." So, does that mean I'm in?! If I missed something--or if they didn't think my pieces fit the categories, then I may not be in. The suspense is killing me! So I'll go to the opening reception tomorrow and see how many photos I take home. Will it be all three or just two? It would be so cool to make the show.

James will probably be in the field all Saturday. That means I may be on my own for the opening reception. I'd love to have a friend there to snap a photo of me with my work hanging. It may sound silly, but it's kind of a big deal to me. Of course if I didn't make it in, then I'd rather make the hour drive home alone. If I knew for sure...

Oh, the suspense!

1 comment:

Sam Ransom said...

Oh my! That is awesome!! I hope you made it! I wish I could be there to snap the photo. I would definately take a camera and if you made it just ask a stranger to take the picture. It would be worth it! Let me know what happens!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails