Monday, July 21, 2008

...enter.

I entered another photography contest. I'm not sure why I felt it important to enter since I don't have much hopes for being selected for the show. Perhaps it is the experience of entering that is important to me. There is a lot to do to get your work ready for a show. You have to select your image and make any digital edits (like cropping) prior to printing. Then, printing can be a challenge as well. After printing, you need to mat and frame your piece so that it is show ready. The guidelines were fairly specific for this show, so that was helpful. Then, I needed to take it to the site--which happens to be on the other side of DC. So, that meant over two hours of driving to drop off my entry. I will do the drive again next weekend to attend the opening. I'll probably be taking home my work then, but I'll have a chance to see the artists and pieces that will make it in. So, I think it's all about the entry experience for me. Maybe sometime in the future it will be about being in the show. Then at some future date, it might be about winning.

BTW, here is the show website: http://monumentsoffaith.org

Here is one of the photos that I entered:

2 comments:

Sam Ransom said...

That is awesome!! The process is all part of it! Sometimes it is the whole point. Good luck!! Awesome pic!

Tina said...

Thanks. Yeah, I think the process is almost a right of passage. I had an English teacher once that told us that we would have at least 5 rejection letters before becoming a published writer. So, I guess I'm trying to get past my 5 or so entries into photo shows before my work makes it in. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails