Tuesday, August 12, 2008

...shop!

Yesterday I walked out of the mall with two new shirts ($44 value) without using cash, credit, debit card, or check. Although I got quite a look from the sales lady that rang me up, everything was on the "up and up." So, how did I do it? First of all, I don't pass up on coupons that say "$10 off a purchase of $10 or more." That's just free money. Second, I shopped the clearance racks. Third, they were having a sale on the clearance. Fourth, I used an old gift card to make up the difference.

So, here is the savings break down from the receipt:

And here is the gift card usage:


I saved $42.02 (or about 95% off the original price), and I still have $2.21 on my gift card.

I think I'll save it for the next great coupon I get during a clearance sale.

2 comments:

Hokie said...

Tina, I had no idea you had a blog, if you told me I don't know where I was. Anyway I was just thinking about you today when I discoverd this from your e-mail. That gives me an idea of how you have been. Anyway, congrats on your great deal on shirts as well as your photo, that is great!

Tina said...

Dude! You're the one (well, you and your friends) that convinced me to start a blog with all your talking up blogging. 'My bad if I didn't let you know that I finally started one. See! You just go about inspiring people and just don't know it. ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails