Thursday, September 11, 2008

...organize!


I'm a bit proud of myself this afternoon. I was cleaning up after finishing my scrapbook when I came up with an idea. I didn't have a place to store all my nifty little scraps and scrapbook stuff (glue sticks, fancy scissors, etc.). So, I went to see what I could fish up in our apartment. What I found was the box our Wii came in. It had two compartments that I could easily take all the dividers out of. They fit back in the original box almost like drawers. I figured out that if I taped back the box flaps, then it was just like a mini, cardboard organizer. All my stuff fit nicely inside. I'm very proud of my "waste not; want not" Wii box/scrapbook stuff organizer!

5 comments:

Angie said...

Impressive! Way to "upcycle"!

Hokie said...

Cool, my scrapbooking stuff is a mess! Hey, heard you know where you are going, do you know when? What are your latest plans?

Unknown said...

Way to go green, sis!!

Tina said...

Angie - I hadn't heard of "upcycle" before, so I looked it up. It's cool that there is a word for it. :)

Laura - I can't tell you where James is going on Blogger (military regs). I'll email you!

Thanks, Kris. 'Missed seeing you on Labor Day. We'll stop back thru KC you after you get moved.

TheRapunzelGirl said...

super idea! now you could decoupage or paint it to make it look less like a Wii box and more like a fun piece of "furniture"

Related Posts with Thumbnails