Wednesday, September 17, 2008

...get inspired over my dirty tub!


Awe...A cute little picture of a firefly flying around some flowers.

Wait a minute! You thought you would be reading about my dirty tub. Okay, here's the grimy story...

I have a long, curly hair head of hair. I often joke that it is trying to take over the planet. It often weaves its way into my husband's undershirts, tangles up my vacuum belt, and slows my shower drain. I need to clean my bathtub a lot because of "icky" settling at the bottom of my tub when the water takes forever to leave. As I was pouring the latest treatment of drain de-clogger last night, I was strangely inspired by the "icky."

So, here's what inspired me:



If you've made it this far reading this blog (without being grossed-out), stick with me. I promise to paint a prettier picture.

You may be thinking to yourself, "What did she see in that icky?!" To tell you the truth, I wasn't sure myself. But I felt that I could digitally manipulate the pattern made by my left over curls. Yes. The wavy hair with evil designs (world domination) would bend to my will (using a little thing called Photoshop)!

So, I snapped my photo and went to work.

I won't bore you with all the adjustments I made.

I'll just skip ahead to what I've been coming up with.

It's still pretty raw, but you can get the idea:


Is it still a cute little picture?

4 comments:

Sam Ransom said...

THAT IS AMAZING!! I mean seriously! I would never see something special in the hair for one and being about to turn it into something so pretty. I'm totally impressed! Also when are you guys coming back to MO?

Tina said...

Thanks, Sis. :)

I'll email you on the whole MO thing.

Hokie said...

I have the same problem with my tub, only I never made anything cool come of it, unless you count the cold glare I gave to the repairman I paid 50 bucks to for arriving 6 hours late and still didn't manage to fix the slow draning tub.

Tina said...

Ha-ha. It sounds like the cold glare was well deserved!

Related Posts with Thumbnails