Monday, December 21, 2009

...shovel it!

My Mission: To dig myself out and pick up my husband for Christmas.

I've started the first of what I'm afraid will be several half hour shifts of shoveling snow. I will document my progress here on my breaks. Yesterday, it took nearly two hours of work total to uncover the car. Yes. I found it!


The fist task this morning, was to make a path from the car to where I am piling up all the snow. As I was shoveling, I was thinking of the military phrase "make a hole!" They yell it on subs or below deck on ships when they are coming through a passageway with people in it. Marines also yell it in building hallways.


With this much snow, it's a logistical nightmare! The truck that cleared the street also made a nice big pile behind my car. I will also make a pile in the vacant parking space beside me. Let's face it, no one will be parking there anytime soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails