Monday, November 15, 2010

...translate.


James had duty this Veterans Day weekend. Before I brought him his dinner (chow), he instructed (briefed) me on how to deliver it.

This is what he said: Just come bang on the hatch at 1800.

This is what I repeated back: So, I'll come knock on the door at 6 o'clock.

I think it annoys him when I use civilian speak back even though I understand the military speak. I just don't want him to get lost in the military world. Not everyone understands what he means. After all, Marines use nautical terms even when they are very much on land (for example: hatch). It can all get a bit confusing to those not living the military life.

By the way, my hubby is not out of regulation in this pic. I Photoshopped out the rank insignia on purpose. "Loose lips sink ships."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails