Tuesday, November 2, 2010

...earn my sticker!



Who says I'm too old for gold stars? I get excited about earning my "I voted" sticker come election time. My husband's "temporary" assignment in the DC area had me mailing in my ballots. Now that he has a "permanent" duty station, I get to walk into a polling station. The best part is getting handed your sticker as you leave. It may sound silly, but I love positive reinforcement...getting my "gold star" for being a good citizen.

By the way, my skin looks a little pink in the photo. That's because I walked to the polling station and back in the CA sun. It's currently 82 degrees. I earned that sticker!

Those of you who have stickers may notice something missing from mine. I took off the county info to be on the safe side. "Loose lips sink ships" and all...

2 comments:

Hokie said...

I went in early before work but didn't get a sticker. :(

Tina said...

Dude! They owe you a sticker!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails