Wednesday, March 2, 2011

...moto.

I was waiting for something blog worthy about living on base to reveal that our "move to the other side of somewhere in California" was onto a military base. Since this is still a public blog, let's just call it XYZ military base for now. So, what do I feel is blog worthy on XYZ military base?


Yep. It's the storm drain. More specifically, it's the moto on the environmental message above the storm drain. (Moto is the shortened version of "motivation." For simplicity's sake, the civilian equivalent might be akin to school or team pride.) The moto here is the bulldog, the mascot of the Marine Corps. I've seen dolphins and fish on storms drain message, but this bulldog was a first for me.

3 comments:

Karl said...

So is life on base better?

Tina said...

I'm not sure if it is "better." It has good and bad like any place.

However, this place is closer to the beach, so I'd lean towards "yes." :)

Melissa said...

Before I read the text I thought the picture was talking about polluting with dog poop. I guess I have read too many research studies about animal feces pollution.

Related Posts with Thumbnails