Tuesday, November 25, 2008

...give something a big name that we can turn into a cool sounding acronym!


I was really confused this morning while watching the latest financial buzz on the internet. These news people were all talking about TARP, and I was thinking "we need more than a tarp to save us here, boys!!!" I soon realized that TARP isn't a rectangle piece of nylon or plastic. After doing a little research, I learned that TARP is the "Troubled Asset Relief Program." It's the big fancy name for the 700 billion financial rescue fund that we've all heard about in the news.

I guess we had to call it something other than "a terrifyingly huge amount of American tax dollars." Yes, "TARP" sounds better. A tarp protects things. Perhaps someone thought that the subliminal word association will help build up the nation's confidence.

What were they thinking? And who comes up with these big fancy names that need to be given cool sounding acronyms so that we can feel good about them? I wonder how much they get paid. What are my chances at getting a job in the CAN (Create A Name) field?

In this economy, I fear my chances aren't that good!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails