Saturday, May 22, 2010

...evade, trail, evade!

I now know how the coyote feels. I was on the bike trail again this afternoon when I saw another roadrunner! It flew across the trail in a ways in front of me. I slowed down and trailed it as it ran parallel to the trail for a while. When it stopped, I stopped. I only got as far as one backpack strap off before the bird dove into the riverbed brush. I didn't have time to get to my camera phone. It was long gone. So, I continued on my way.

I spotted a hawk on down the trail. He soared my direction for nearly half a mile before he turned away. As I grew closer to the coast, I saw a few ducks in the river that runs into the ocean. And then I saw the ocean itself! I made it all the way to the end of the trail. I must say it was a little scary to ride under I-5. I kept thinking about earthquakes. But the effort to get out there was well worth it. Not only did I go 7 miles to the trail end, I had the sun and wind at my back for the return trip.



And then it happened again! On the return trip, I spied another roadrunner. Yes. He once again evaded my attempts to capture it on film! That sneaky desert chicken has got the better of me again. We'll see what happens next week as I plan to come armed with a camera instead of my slow cell phone...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Is it an ACME camera?

Gino T. Labiste said...

Follow me plz. onigz.blogspot.com
plz...

Related Posts with Thumbnails