Thursday, May 6, 2010

...curl.

This morning I went outside to pick up the morning paper and saw new palm leaves curling out from one of our palm plants. I love the shapes they make as they slowly stretch out to form the new palm leaves. So, I grabbed my camera and took some shots I could use to design a new background. I think it turned out pretty well. What do you think?


This shows the palm plant with the new leaves coming out of the top.


Here is a close-up of the tiny palm curls.


I put a piece of paper down the middle of the palm to photograph one side of curls. The result reminded me of ocean wave curls. So, I played some in that direction in Photoshop too...

2 comments:

Hokie said...

This is really neat! Great pictures and of course great new background. I think one of my new goals this summer is going to be to learn how to do my own backgrounds.

Unknown said...

I love this!! You are awesomely creative.

Related Posts with Thumbnails