Friday, June 18, 2010

...pass the time with you.

This blog talks about seasons in my life. That's why the title is "A time to..." with each post entry aimed at finishing that sentence. I hope to relate to my readers thru sharing these seasons.

Since scripture inspired the blog title, I'll refer to religious verse again. I like the prase we read over and over in the scriptures; "it came to pass." I add a little pause when I read it. "It came" {pause} "to pass." I think it accentuates the literal meaning (not that I'm advocating a purely literal reading of scriptures). In other words, I read it as if it said, "it came in order to pass."

Everything has a purpose. I find comfort believing that the purpose may be to "pass" or endure whatever season we are in. If we understand that seasons pass, then we can better appreciate the present. When we have bad seasons, we can find comfort knowing they will pass. When good seasons come, we can cherish them more knowing these too pass.

Two years have passed since I started this blog. What's it all for? My posts don't have a theme. They are random bits of fluff from my life that I hope you have found amusing at times. I'm not even sure why I blog. Perhaps it is a social exercise. Blogging and reading other blogs helps me feel connected in a small way to the big, bad, cyber'verse. (Yes. I may have just made that word up...I'll own it.) Humanity is found wherever people are, and people put themselves into their blogs.

Perhaps all these random posts add up to shared moments that come and go. If we occasionally connect over them, then the blog has served it's purpose. I post to pass the time with you.

Thanks for sharing these seasons.

4 comments:

Hokie said...

It sounds like a conclusion...I hope that isn't the case.

Sam Ransom said...

Love you sis- in all your seasons!


Keep posting your fluff! It rocks!

Susan said...

Beautifully expressed Tina. I enjoy visiting your blog and I'm looking forward to sharing "cyberverse" with you.
~Susan

Lisa said...

I like to think of blogs as journals, a history of our lives. So they don't have to have common theme to all posts. It's just life.I know I need to post more often in mine. But at least it's something. I always enjoy reading yours. Fluff and all. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails