Wednesday, July 21, 2010

...feel the heat.

So, I'm learning that the "marine layer" causes a lot of cloudy days along the coast here. It hasn't gotten too hot this summer. However, the one week that did...go ahead and guess! Yep. Our air conditioner went out. I drew the blinds to keep out the sun, opened the doors and windows, and ran major appliances as little as possible. As I sat on the couch trying to stay cool, Lucy wouldn't be bothered by the heat. She found the one scrap of sunlight indoors to sun bathe in!


Just so you don't worry; they came over an fixed the air conditioning for us. Today we are even back to the gray skies. I'm not complaining about the cooler temperatures anymore! On the other hand, I bet Lucy misses the sun.

2 comments:

Hokie said...

Oh, I do know how you feel. I called to get my ac fixed on May 26th and they didn't get it done until June 29th. I know MO doesn't get REALLY hot until July, but it is still hot before that. At least I got to be out of town for a good part of it. :)

Hope you are having a great summer!

Laura

TheRapunzelGirl said...

it's not really that bad out there in the summer tho . . . some good fans will often do the trick. i grew up in a house with no A/C . . . but i couldn't live without it out here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails