Thursday, July 15, 2010

...share the recipe.

Wow! You responded fast. Lots of you responded on Facebook. This blog feeds to my Facebook page, so all should get the goods. Here's the recipe for the bread:


Strawberry Bread

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
3 teaspoons of cinnamon
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
4 cups of cut strawberries when in season (2, 10oz. packages of frozen strawberries in the off season)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flower two bread pans. Mix dry ingredients and add remaining. Stir. Do not beat. Pour evenly into two prepared bread pans. Bake for 50 minutes. The toothpick should come out clean unless you hit a strawberry!

For Strawberry Banana Bread


Mash one or two ripe bananas. Adjust the amount of strawberries so that the total fruit is still about 4 cups for fresh (or thawed) fruit.


Have fun baking the berry bread.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hi Tina,
I tried to copy and paste this recipe onto a Word document but it wouldn't work so if you have it in a Word document, could you please just email it to me. It sounds delicious and I can't wait to make it.

Melissa said...

Ironically, I had a thought about four weeks ago I need to contact Tina to ask her for her strawberry bread recipe. I had lots of strawberries at that time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails