Saturday, December 3, 2011

...pin!



In the middle of nowhere, as the wind pounded sand on the outside of the K-Span (think modern day Quonset hut), while several Marines waited at parade rest (stand at ease), I pinned on my husband's new rank insignia

Congrats to my hubby for being promoted!  I'm proud of him and all he's accomplished in these few years.  I have to say it's a very good thing that I brought in those homemade cinnamon rolls.  The Marines had to wait around for quite a while as a mock folder was created.  They didn't have the paper to read for his promotion because it got sent to the wrong unit.  Marines are very ceremonial/professional.  So, the proper wording was found, quickly typed up, and read to get things all squared away.  Now everything is all official! 

If only he can remember to change his voice mail message over to his new rank...

3 comments:

Karl said...

So what is his new rank?

Tina said...

Hi, Karl. I can't say on the public blog, but I'll put it on facebook. :)

Amanda, Ben, and Liam said...

Congratulations!!! Love it when the new insignia pins on, and the pay check goes UP!!!!
Sounds like quite the ceremony! HeHE! Gotta have a little drama! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails