Tuesday, July 10, 2012

...use the emergency car blankets inside.


I have these old quilts that my great-grandmothers made.  They usually reside in my car as emergency car blankets.

*Gasp!*

I heard that.  Don't worry.  My great-grandmothers are not rolling over in their graves.  These are the kind of blankets that have been used (as intended) so much that they have holes and stains.  They are great for tossing out of the grass for a quick picnic, wrapping breakable things in, or keeping groceries cool on the way home. 

They have now found a new use inside our temporary apartment.  The company that my hubby has been recently employed with has put us up in a fully furnished apartment for a few months.  It is pretty, but not baby proof.  So, out came the car blankets.  They don't fit the decor, but my rolly-polly baby doesn't hit his head on the fancy furniture anymore.

Thanks, great-grandmas!



By the way, we are in a transition phase.  My USMC hubby has finished up the active duty portion of his contract.  He now has a civilian job that will eventually take us all the way across the country again.  We are about half-way (in the mid-west) while he trains for a few months.  I know it has been some time since my last post, and I'm not sure how often I'll get the chance to blog.  I'm going to try not to let it go too long.  'Wish me luck!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails