Saturday, July 4, 2009

...save big money with socks!

Confessions of a Salesaholic:

I love sales. I love feeling like I can afford something that I wouldn't otherwise. I love feeling guilty that I've hurt the retailer's bottom line instead of mine!

Yes. I realize that in the end, I did hand over money to them. However, I still feel like a like I won. After all, they originally wanted me to pay way more than I did. First, they fastened a printed tag on each item displaying a huge price I refused to pay. Then, they stuck a sticker or two with a reduced price to entice me, but I still held out. They put colorful signs out and sent me emails. Finally I came. 'Not because they had won me over. Nope. It was because I could smell defeat--not mine, but theirs! I came to conquer!


I went into GAP to buy some sale priced jeans.

Sale Price Jeans:

$19.99 Curvy Jeans
$19.99 Boot Cut Jeans
$39.98 Total

That's pretty good, but they were having an additional 30% discount if you buy 4 (or more) sale items. So, I found some socks on sale.

Total Sale Price with Socks
(additional 30% savings
for 4 sale items):

$1.99 (-0.60) Socks
$1.99 (-0.60) Socks
$19.99 (-6.00) Curvy Jeans
$19.99 (-6.00) Boot Cut Jeans
$30.76 Final Sale Price

That's right. The socks saved me more money.

Socks Savings:
$39.98 Sale Price for Jeans
-$30.76 Final Sale Price (with Socks)
$9.22

Yep. The store gave me two pairs of socks with that additional discount just for bringing them up to the cash registrar with my jeans. Almost doesn't sound right, eh?! As if that wasn't enough of a thrill for this salesaholic?! Here is how the original prices stack up to my discounts.

Original Prices:
$6.50 Socks
$6.50 Socks
$59.50 Curvy Jeans
$59.50 Boot Cut Jeans
$132.00 Total


Total Savings:
$132.00 Total Original Price
-$30.76 Final Sale Price
$101.24 (77% off Original Price)

Veni, vidi, vici!


PS: Before anyone asks, I did see Confessions of a Shopaholic since it has come out on Redbox. And yes, I thought it was really cute. ;)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Great deals. I actually feel guilty if I pay full price for things. I am addicted to the clearance aisle and thrift stores. Way to go girl!

Sam Ransom said...

Go you!! I love a good deal. I love feeling like I got a deal on something.

Colton Anne said...

How cool is that!?!? I love a great deal like that!

Related Posts with Thumbnails