Thursday, July 9, 2009

...save the fish!!!

WARNING: This is a sad but true post with a happy ending.

Some of you may recall my "...save the screws!" post back in April. I found some drywall screws next to the dumpster that I cleaned and took down to Habitat for Humanity. Well, I found something else at the dumpster that needed saving while walking Lucy this morning.


Can you believe it? These two little fish were just left by the dumpster!


It looks like the tank had a slow leak. They had just enough water to cover their top fins. 'So sad. I wonder if they were out there all night. Lucky for the fish, the sun had not risen above the trees to heat up the shallow water. They were hungry and scared, but otherwise healthy looking. I'm not a fish fan. I recycle, but I wouldn't call myself an environmentalist. I don't own a "Save the Whales" tee-shirt. However, I just don't think it is right to leave fish like that. I had to do something.


So, I added a pitcher of water to the tank and called Animal Control. The Animal Control officer came out and loaded the fish (tank and all) into her truck. She thanked me for calling, and I thanked her for taking care of the fish. She had an idea of where she would place the fish. So the fish should find a new home soon.

Thanks to the Animal Control division of the local sheriff's office, the fish are saved!

2 comments:

Sam Ransom said...

How crazy! I didn't know Animal Control would come and do that. Too bad it wasn't here. Sariah is obsessed with fish. I'm actually planning to go buy her just a little goldfish. Not sure if I can keep it alive or not. Glad you were able to save these!

Colton Anne said...

That's cool that they came and took care of them. Poor fish!

Related Posts with Thumbnails