Thursday, August 13, 2009

...make pigs in a SHEET!

Many of you know that I eat some strange stuff when I am making due with what is around the house. Well, one day I wanted pigs in a blanket but only had tortillas and little time to make dough. It worked out better than I expected. The tortillas added a crisp texture. It seems to thin for a blanket, So, I call them pigs in a sheet. Here's how to make them:


Tina's Pigs in a Sheet


2 hotdogs
1 large flour tortilla
2 slices of cheese

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
Fold the tortilla in half. Then, carefully tear the tortilla in two pieces along the fold.
Place a slice of cheese in each tortilla half.
Beginning at of the thinner tortilla ends, roll a up the hotdog.
Place on cookie sheet (use cooking spray to prevent sticking).
Cook for 12 minutes or until the tortilla "sheets" are browning on the edges.

2 comments:

Sam Ransom said...

Looks good to me! I like them in tortillas without baking them so I bet baking it would make it even more yummy!

Lisa said...

I much prefer hot dogs in tortillas than buns. I think I get that from Dad. I haven't tried baking them though. Looks good.

Related Posts with Thumbnails