Wednesday, August 5, 2009

...theorize.

Yes. It's a little early in the morning to be using big words like "theorize." And I will confess that I had to look it up to make sure I spelled it right--because I really wanted to use it. Why?

I have a new theory.
I think I've realized that there is an advantage to being older that I had not thought of until today. I believe that when I put my little age and weight numbers into the exercise machine, they spit out a higher "calories burned" number than my 20-something girlfriends that work just as hard as I do. I haven't tested this yet. I think I will try dropping a decade when I program the machine next time to see if this theory might be true.

What do you all think will happen? Am I on to something here? Does age have it's advantages at the gym? Am I just deluding myself--in denial? He-he.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

LOL. You crack me up. I love you. You are so funny.

Unknown said...

Let me know what you figure out. I know that I sweat more than the 20-somethings when doing the same workout. Does that count for anything?

Hokie said...

I am pretty sure it does matter, plus if you add weight it "burns more calories" as well.

Sam Ransom said...

I know it does matter but I don't remember how it effects it! You are too cute!

Related Posts with Thumbnails