Wednesday, August 11, 2010

...be annoyed.

I'm annoyed. This comment showed up on my blog. Yes. I don't currently have strict restrictions on who comments on my blog. I like it that way. I can still delete comments I don't like. That's why I am only annoyed. It just bothers me that folks will drop advertisement into anything now. A blog comment? Really?
Has this happened to anyone else? Did it make you want to change your comment settings? I am not going to chance my settings for now. However, I will change the settings if this "comment spam" begins to be an issue.

BTW, don't type in the web address from the comment into your browser--even if you are curious. Let's not give them the satisfaction or the idea that comment spam works!

3 comments:

Hokie said...

Yes, I had a similar experience when I first started my blog, that is why I have to "approve" comments...but I don't have the word verification, which is supposed to stop the spam...who knows how it happened to yours.

Hope it doesn't happen again.

Lisa said...

Since I post mostly about my kids, I have my blog visitors very limited. So I haven't experienced the blog spam. Man. They'll find you anywhere.

TheRapunzelGirl said...

i have the captcha because it helps to keep the ads off . . . not all of them, but it does.

stupid blog spam.

Related Posts with Thumbnails