Sunday, August 29, 2010

...be compliant (no hoochie mama)!


I snapped this shot with my phone while we were out shopping yesterday. Wait 'till you see these faces, Janette! Apparently, compliant people are happy. There are no smiley faces on the non-compliant folks. I like this sign better than the other because it points out all the non-compliance in balloons.



The non-compliant chick reminded me of dress standards from past social gatherings. My hubby has been told to pass on to me certain things about how to dress when we are going to a work related outing. If I dress inappropriately after he's been told to tell me what's appropriate...well, it reflects badly on him. I'm not talking about wearing white gloves to a tea party. (The times have changed a little.) Usually, it is the "bending over" advice: "If you have cracks when you bend over (cleavage or plumber's crack), then put something else on to cover."

If someone "goes there," she gets gossiped about. Gossip is huge in the military! Marines even have a special word for it: scuttlebutt. So, I try not to be the one who gets all the looks and scuttlebutt over my outfit. It can get interesting though. I think the most gossip over a dress code issue was when the officers in charge made a colorful comment on the dress code. They instructed the men to specifically use the words "no hoochie mama" outfits when informing the wives about the event protocol. Oh, boy! (Yea. That one has a military reference too. Click on the link if you are interested in where the word comes from.)

So, if you ever find yourself on a base, remember to leave the hoochie mama outfits at home! ;)

5 comments:

Hokie said...

I love the follow up on the last post...I admit I was wondering a bit. I can't imagine you would have a problem with any of this though.

Melissa said...

Head, shoulders, knees and toes song. Modesty and beyond.

Sam Ransom said...

Haha! This sign made me laugh!! Glad to know you're not on the gossip list!!

TheRapunzelGirl said...

HAHAHAHA!!! "footwear designed for showering"!! as if everyone always wears flip-flops in the shower!!

dude, those are PRICELESS!!

Susan said...

Hooray for the military in keeping their standards of dress in a modest fashion. I wish the large portion of the population would catch on.

Related Posts with Thumbnails