Friday, February 6, 2009

...read my emailed book.

Some of you may have noticed that I've added a Goodreads widget to my blog. Yep. I got into Goodreads, a social networking site that focuses on reading, after a few friends suggested it to me. I'm usually uneasy about just picking up any book and reading it because there aren't any book ratings like there is for TV and movies. So, what you though would be a PG book could turn out to be more of an R book. What's worse is when this happens right in the middle after you have invested time and really care about the characters! Anyone else experience that? Anyway...that's what brought me to Goodreads. There I can see if the book I'm interested in has been read by someone who's opinion I trust and/or has a similar taste in books.

Now that I'm confident in selecting a book to read, you would think I'd just go out and read a good book. Nope. That would require a trip to the library or book store. Right? Wrong. I found a way to get the book emailed to me in sections. That's right. DailyLit emails me a little bit of my current book, The Count of Monte Cristo, each day. It's as easy as reading a little email. DailyLit also lets me control how large the section is and how frequently I get my emails. I can suspend the emails at any time or I can get the next section with a simple click of a button at the end of my email. It's fun. You don't even need to register to the site to get the free emails--so, no new password to remember!

So now modern tech has lead me to reading good, old literature. Who would have thought?!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That's awesome. I'll have to check it out.

Sam Ransom said...

That is cool. I have an app on the iphone that is a buch of classics. So I have taken to that whenever I have to wait in line!

Tina said...

Reading in line is a great idea! I usually don't have a book on me when I end up in a line, but I have my phone (not an iphone). The iphone is cool. What doesn't it do?!

Cari said...

Ok, that is just cheating! Please don't tell Jeff about this. I have to ground him from books occationally as it is. If he finds out, I will have to ground him from the computer too!!!! :) Seriously.

Related Posts with Thumbnails