Sunday, February 8, 2009

...to go for the birds!


There is a little wildlife viewing station on Quantico. We went up there to see the tundra swans today since the weather was so nice. These birds fly here each year from Canada. They are here from November to March. We just don't get many opportunities to see them--especially when the Chopawamsic creek freezes over! They were still pretty far away. I zoomed in as best as I could with my little camera. It's best to see them in person. There were also Canadian geese, seagulls, ducks, and other water fowl. I didn't see a gray heron, but I've seen them there before. Maybe we'll see them the next time we go "for the birds!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was lucky enough, about a week ago, to see the swans who landed in our area. There were two of them with a flock of geese on one of the ponds. I wish I had had my camera with me. I am glad you did!

Unknown said...

I'm a little jealous. All I get to see are pigeons.

Related Posts with Thumbnails