Friday, March 13, 2009

...have sprinter!

Ah-yes! It's that time of year again. The grass is greening, tiny flowers are blooming, the trees buds are opening, and...it's snowing?! Sprinter is here! No. It's not track season. I'll explain. Sprinter is that crazy season that sometimes pops up when you think spring is here but winter refuses to let go. I'll also illustrate by sharing some sprinter pictures I took this morning.


See the buds on the tree? See the snow falling? (If you don't see the snow, click on the picture for a larger version.)

That's not Photoshop; it's sprinter!


Here's a close up on a bud. See the bloom? See the snowflake on the branch just beyond the blossom?

Sprinter!


This forsythia bush is blooming its yellow flowers. But what's all the white in the background? Snow.

SPRINTER!

3 comments:

Hokie said...

I have never heard of this term sprinter...did you make it up or is it an official term?

Great pictures as always.

Tina said...

Does it matter where the term came from? I gave lots of proof towards "sprinter's" existence... ;)

Angie said...

I love Sprinter! I think it was 2 years ago today, on St. Patty's day, that I photographed freshly fallen snow on our blooming daffodils. Of course the snow was gone by noon...

Related Posts with Thumbnails