Thursday, April 30, 2009

...order some food storage.

"The best food storage is not in welfare grain elevators but in sealed cans and bottles in the homes of our people. What a gratifying thing it is to see cans of wheat and rice and beans under the beds or in the pantries of women who have taken welfare responsibility into their own hands." - Gordon B. Hinckley

So, I took the plunge. I ordered a starter amount of food storage. It won't be here for months. It's coming on a big-rig in late summer/early fall. When it comes, we go down to meet it and help unload, divide, and gather up our goods. I hear it's a fun event.

In the mean time, I'm looking forward to the May case lot sales at the commissary! Can I just say once again that I love our military benefits...

How are my food storage buddies doing?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just received about 40 lbs of pasta (spinach and durum wheat fettuccine). I also purchased 2 extra cans of tomato sauce. My plan is to pick an extra can or two each week when I shop. I also cleaned out the bottom two shelves in the dining room closet for storage space until I can get to the garage.

Sam Ransom said...

So I'm a slacker! I do have extras of somethings- sugar, flour, and some pasta. But I did open my extra rice and haven't replaced it yet. I keep thinking once I'm done being sick I will get all over it!

Unknown said...

You can have some of my pasta.

Tina said...

Awesome pasta! That sounds like a lot of pasta...we use pasta so much. I'm hoping to pick up some pasta at the case sale since I can get it cheaper there.

I didn't think about cleaning being part of food storage, but I need to clean out some space to store my extra groceries I plan to buy. It won't look very pretty just stacked on top of the kitchen cabinets...

Related Posts with Thumbnails