Thursday, April 2, 2009

...save the screws!


Okay. So I'm a little crazy. But I'll tell you what is really crazy--throwing away 10 pounds of good fasteners! I was walking Lucy this morning when we discovered that someone had decided to throw away a bunch of perfectly good drywall screws and other nuts, bolts, and washers. What were they thinking? Well, I should give them some credit because they were put in a plastic bucket outside of the dumpster so that anyone could retrieve them. And that's exactly what I did. I took them inside and rinsed them in warm water--because the bucket was a little dirty and it had been raining. Then I sorted them out on a big towel and weighed them for fun. I will take them down to the local Habitat for Humanity resale store. After seeing a friend benefit from building a Habitat for Humanity house, I know better than to let these just get tossed in the trash!

Come on, people.

Save the screws!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That definitely deserves a "WAY TO GO GIRL"!

TheRapunzelGirl said...

nice! i don't know if i'd have been that motivated myself. but good job!

Unknown said...

Brilliant!

Cari said...

Only you would curious enough to weigh the screws! Awesome find! I probably would have kept them myself for a future project but that is b/c we are always in the middle of remodeling something in the family and screws are ALWAYS needed for something.

Related Posts with Thumbnails