Saturday, October 2, 2010

...crochet a pumpkin.


This is my first try at crocheting something to stuff. I did a pumpkin since it is the harvest season. I got the pattern from a site called "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." This blogger is a very talented crafter who does some amazing amigurumi. Amigurumi is a Japanese craft where folks knit or crochet cute, miniature figures. I didn't choose to go mini since I am a beginner. I used a larger yarn and needle. So, my pumpkin actually came out more life size. Actually, James was calling it a basketball before I shaped it. It's now a little smaller than a basketball and pumpkin shaped. I like how it came out. Perhaps I'll make another in a smaller size...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow!!! That looks great. We still have the blanket you made Anna.

Hokie said...

Very cute, nice work.

Tina said...

Awe...I remember that blanket. :)

Thanks, guys.

Related Posts with Thumbnails