Friday, October 29, 2010

...return to hats and booties?!


I wasn't sure if this was something I wanted to post on the blog. It's been such a big part of my life lately, that I decided I would share it. I finished a crochet baby blanket last night. It took about a week and a half of an hour here and there. It's for a Marine in my hubby's unit who just had a baby girl. So, in reality, it's for her!


This came to be after James shared that he hadn't been able to contribute to the flowers fund when the baby arrived. He asked me if I could make something for the new parents instead. I agreed. After all, I've made hats and booties recently. I wanted to try something different. I challenged myself to make this blanket since I didn't have a deadline (the baby was already here).

I feel guilty that I haven't made blankets for all the new moms I know. Honestly, I'm not sure when I'll be attempting another one. This one took me a long time, and I need a break. I'm not saying that I won't do it again...ever. I just might be back to hats and booties for a while!!!

3 comments:

Hokie said...

It looks really good!

TheRapunzelGirl said...

too fun! now, you have until December to make one for Ellinor. hahaha. just kidding ;)

i'll be glad if we can hook up and see each other for a bit when i'm home. i may have to borrow a sibling's car and meet you halfway, maybe at the San Diego temple or something . . .

Tina said...

Thanks, guys.

I have had something in mind for Ellinor for quite some time...and it just came in the mail today! I had it sent to me now that I know you're coming to CA. I'll email you so we can make plans to meet up.

Related Posts with Thumbnails