Friday, January 7, 2011

..."go there" every Friday.

Sometimes Lucy just won't stay out of a picture I'm taking!

Grrrrr! I really don't want to do this. However, I read an article that said people who blog about their weight loss are more successful with it.

*sigh*

I just don't want to bore people with my little struggles. Yes. This blog is supposed to be about the little things in life. It helps me remember that there are tiny moments to treasure from day to day. The fluff lets me get away from the heavy stuff in life.

Ha! Heavy.

I'm not calling myself heavy. I'm just at a place where I want to focus on this instead of ignoring it. I've been ignoring it for a few years now. "It" being the 5 to 10 pounds that I really don't need. I just want to feel better about myself and be more in shape.

So, here's the deal. The plan is to blog about this every Friday until I reach my goal of 5-10 pounds lighter. If you don't care to read about it, skip the Friday posts. (I won't know.)

I hope to meet my weight loss goal by the time May rolls around. I plan to watch my portion size and be mindful of my calories. However, I'm not going to be super strict with myself. I plan to exercise 5 days a week instead of the 2-5 I've been doing. Again, the exercise doesn't need to be intense. A 45 minute, brisk walk or bike ride will do. I want this to be something that I can continue after I reach my goal.

Since I'm starting today, I only have a 45 minute bike ride to report. I'm not listing my starting weight. (Sorry to disappoint. Make something up if you like. Again, I won't know.) I'm just planning on reporting the weight loss.

Wish me luck?!

3 comments:

Hokie said...

You will do great. I have been working on my weight as well, a little lurch for the holidays but I am going to get back on it very soon, then I will talk of my progress. Good luck!

Sam Ransom said...

Yay!! Every bit counts! Also I suggest before and after pictures. Not that you need to share them publicly but it helped me to really see the difference. And taking measurements. Sometimes I could see a difference there even when the weight didn't change. It helped me push through and keep going.

Good luck. I will be cheering you on!!

Tina said...

Thanks, guys. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails