Monday, June 29, 2009

...have Sunday dinner at our place.

I got this crazy idea to have my husband's military buddies that live in bachelor quarters over for Sunday dinner. I think it was the biggest dinner we've hosted so far. I didn't realize what I was getting myself into. We fed 7 hungry Marines and two wives (myself and another). How did we do it?

Here's what we ate:

baked onion dip with crackers
5lb rump roast
lots of slow cooked veggies
apple/walnut salad
dinner rolls

In addition, we had a patriotic cake for dessert.


How did we fit everyone in our tiny apartment?

We put the leaf in the table and set up the card table in front of the couch. Where did the coffee table go? It was stashed in our bedroom. We also borrowed some chairs from the neighbors. (Thanks, again B family!)


One couple couldn't make it, so we ended up scooting the "kids table" next to the dining table so we could pass things around easier.


Lucy had fun too. She got lots of "treats" as things fell on the floor when we cooked. She made some new friends who were willing to pet her and play tug for a while. And she was pretty good about staying out of the food on the tables. You can see she eyed those crackers (and everything else)!

It was a fun Sunday dinner--well worth the effort. I might just be crazy enough to do it again...in a few months. ;)

2 comments:

Hokie said...

Sounds fun! Love this background, very patriotic. (What are the flower shapes anyway?)

Sam Ransom said...

Looks like fun! And that cake LOOKS SOOO YUMMY!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails