Sunday, January 31, 2010

...be done with the snow already!

It snowed a lot yesterday. I mean to say that it snowed and snowed and snowed! I stopped sometime in the overnight hours. I didn't stay up to see when because I am SO DONE with the huge snowstorms. Yes. This is only the second major snow fall this year. However, we didn't get anything even close to this for the last two winters. I think I may have jinxed myself with the spring-ish background. It looks nothing like spring out there today!

Lucy has enjoyed this snow. She loves to trot around in it. She loves to stick her face in it to sniff. She loves to shake it off her head. She loves getting dried off right after we come back in. If I am not quick enough, she starts rubbing herself off on the carpet. 'Silly dog.

According to my little ruler, we got 7-8 inches of dry snow. It hasn't been too hard to clean off my car and dig out. It didn't take hours like digging out after December's blizzard. I hear the roads are pretty good too--as soon as you make it out to the main roads.

'Hope everyone stays warm. Lucy and I will be doing our best to do so. :)

3 comments:

Hokie said...

I think the background is more of a way to show optimism, not a jinx.

Melissa said...

Are you counting the weeks until you move to the sunnier side of the U.S.?

Tina said...

Weeks, days, hours... Okay, not hours. But I would post a cheesy countdown clock on my blog if it didn't give out too much info! ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails