Monday, January 26, 2009

...brag about my hubby.

James did something nice for me on Saturday. While I was gone at the temple, he didn't just spend his alone hours playing video games. He made me a cheesecake! Yep. It's chocolate and peanut butter swirled cheesecake. Yum!


And we have already eaten half of it...but it isn't as tall as a normal cheesecake. It's only about an inch tall. This is because while James was mixing it up, our old hand held mixer finally died. He ended up calling our home teacher to borrow theirs in order to finish. So, James made two short cheesecakes so that he could give one as a "thank you" when he returned the mixer.

And I'm just about as thrilled about the death of the hand held mixer as I am about the cheesecake. I've wanted a stand mixer for ages, but just couldn't justify it--even when our hand held started doing only two settings: fluff and really fluffy! I've been dreaming of a Kitchenaid Artisan mixer.

So, for Valentine's Day, forget the chocolate! I've already had my chocolaty treat. I want a red, stand mixer! What?! A girl can dream...

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't usually mind when something dies, either. It sure is a good excuse to get a new one! I don't think I have your email, but mine is in a post on my blog from December. Could you email me instead?

Unknown said...

Way to go hubby!
Electric gadgets make great Valentine's gifts. Last year Sean gave me a red, external drive for my computer. I think I was more excited over that than I would have been over jewelery. :)

Hokie said...

He doesn't even like cheesecake does he? Even better! Hope you get the mixer even though I am a Bosch gal myself.

Lisa said...

You are a lucky woman.

Tina said...

Laura's right. James doesn't like most cheesecake-especially New York style--but he makes it for me anyway. He liked this one because of the chocolate/peanut butter flavor. And James said he'd get me a stand mixer. I'm a lucky girl...

Sam Ransom said...

YUMMMMY!!!!! That looks delish!!

Meagan said...

We want the recipe!!!!!!

Cari said...

Way to go James! I'm just as impressed that he cooked two so that he could give one to the home teacher. That was very thoughtful.

Related Posts with Thumbnails