Thursday, January 1, 2009

...go back in time!

2009 has not had the best of starts for me. I've been feeling under the weather since we got back from visiting family. Well, last night I had a pretty bad fever. You know, it was the kind where you just can't get warm no matter how many blankets that you crawl under. When my fever finally broke in the wee hours of this morning, I still couldn't sleep. So, I started thinking.

I thought about the movie I had watched last night. I thought it would be fun to watch "Back to the Future Part II" on the last day of 2008. So, time travel was on my mind.

Then, I also remembered the final few episodes of the TV series Felicity I had seen a few weeks ago. Yes. The show ended years ago, but I just watched the series on Netflix. If you haven't seen Felicity, I'll warn you right now that I'm spoiling the end. Anyway, the main character in this love triangle show goes back in time to choose the other guy. It doesn't turn out how she had hoped. With some help, she finds a way back to the future. She wakes up to find her concerned friends around her bed. They told her that she had suffered from a bad fever the night before. But, wait! This isn't the Dallas "it was all a dream" plot. Some of Felicity's present had been changed by her time travels. It really did happen!

So, did I have a bad fever? Or did I do some time traveling? Everything looked the same in my room. Yep. My husband still makes noises in his sleep. 'No evidence of time travel.

And then I remember that I've had more recent "signs" of time travel. As we drove out to the mid-west and back, I remember seeing the same billboard both times along Highway 64. Apparently there is an antique store with the name "Somewhere in Time." Does anyone else remember the movie? I know Terri does. (And she'll understand when I ask, "Where's the watch?!")

So there have been three recent signs of time travel in my recent past. Add to that the fact that 2008 had an extra second added on to it. Maybe that extra second had a little more kick that anyone realized. Maybe it's altered the time/space continuum?!!!

Or maybe I'm just a bored little sick girl blogging her crazy thoughts from beneath too many blankets. If I had gone back in time, I'd like to think I would have avoided catching this cold! He-he.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sorry about not feeling well. I don't feel well simply b/c I didn't sleep much but millions of people across the world probably feel that way about now.

So you're in the D.C. are now, eh? Lot's to see and do there. Is it a permanent move or just until hubby finishes some type of training?

If he's in the marines it's too bad he's not at the base in Hawaii. Now that would have been some nice weather about now.

I'll be thankful then that I can at least reclaim my soggy-licked sandwich instead of having it entirely disappear!

Happy New Years!

Sam Ransom said...

I had a cold too!! I'm almost all the way better today!! Wooohooo. Just a bit of a stuffy nose still. It is yucky being sick! Although I don't know if I was quite as delirious as you .....hehehe just kidding

Hokie said...

Yucky being sick, I have been really avoiding something that keeps coming at me.

Speaking of time travel, I am still waiting to hear about your trip of all modes of transportation...Are you waiting to add a DeLorean to the list?

Terri said...

Hahaha, poor Amy. Remember how sick she got of us repeating that? Don't think I'll ever forget that movie. Thinking of it always makes me laugh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails