Wednesday, January 28, 2009

...have an ice day!

Do you remember the ruler from yesterday? Well, here it is today:


The snow is packed down with a layer of ice on the top. Things are pretty slick in spots. I had fun walking Lucy this morning. At one point, I was just sliding after her as she pulled me along! I'm happy to report that I didn't fall.


I went back out to get some pictures of the ice before it melts. We are still having drizzle/rain today. The temperature is suppose to rise near 40, so we won't have the glaze for too long.


I really like this one. It looks like a splash of water frozen in time. It's the normally fuzzy top of a tall blade of decorative grass.


These leaves came out nice too.


Black and white makes this grass look really cold.

'Hope everyone stays warm today!

7 comments:

Sam Ransom said...

That blade of grass one is amazing!! I'm so impressed. Glad to hear you didn't fall. I was worried when you said she was pulling you along.

Unknown said...

I love the pictures...you need to publish a book of photographs!!

Melissa said...

Nice pics. Glad I am not there to walk in it.

Tina said...

Thanks, everyone. :)

Rebecca said...

Love the pics! I miss ice storms like that--we haven't had one here for so long. As a kid I thought it was a magical land when everything was covered in a glaze of ice.

Colton Anne said...

Those pictures are so cool! You should send those into a contest of some sort.

Lisa said...

Beautiful pictures. I love to see pictures of ice like that, but am glad we don't have ice here. I would have fallen on it for sure.

Related Posts with Thumbnails